- A double batch of Peanut Butter Cookies
- A double batch of Turtle Pretzels
- A regular batch of this new kind of Chocolate Chip Cookies
- A regular batch of Peppermint Meltaways
Elijah and I had such a good time together working. While I mixed, scooped, and baked, he
helped played in the tupperware cabinet. What a good helper... maybe he'll appreciate the tradition more next year. Speaking of family traditions...
Back on Christmas Kickoff Day I made a list of things I'd like to do this year. So I thought it would be a good idea (as we are approaching the half-way mark) to see how we're doing with our goals.
Crank up the long awaited Holiday tunes! Set up, light, and deck the Christmas tree Put out all the decorations Hang stockings Bake home-made cookies Make a crock-pot of hot apple cider Light the cinnamon, pine, and cookie scented candles Put lights up around the house Hang wreaths on the doors Swap out my regular Fiestaware for Christmas dishes Set the dining room table with pretty red and green linens Spend plenty of time with the Grandparents and Greatgrandparents Cook a delicious meal with our family Dance the CHRISTMAS KICKOUT DANCE See the lights at Garvin Park
- Go caroling
- See Handel's Messiah (ok, maybe Elijah can't do that. but I can)
- Go sledding -- no snow yet!
- Make home-made ornaments
- Make caramel corn
- Attend a cookie exchange
- Count down with an Advent calendar
- Celebrate St. Nicholas Day
- Read the Christmas story as a family
Well it looks like we're making some progress, but there is still so much holiday fun to be had!