Monday, December 8, 2008

The most BEAUTIFUL words.

This evening after getting all cleaned up and pj'd out, my now 16-month-old bundle of wonderfulness was playing happily in the office, meticulously taking books off the shelves, placing them nto the clothes basket, and replacing them with toys in a very particular order.

He didn't need any help... thankyouverymuch. But I, wanting to get his attention, started to play-chase him and tickle that cute round tummy. Amidst the giggles and squeals he laid his head on a pile of laundry (of course I never leave dirty laundry on the floor...
not me) to take a breather...

And
this is what escaped his sweet little lips...

"Ah luh boo."

And right there, on the office floor, my heart melted in my chest.
That's right. He said I love you. To me. And then he continued to repeat it dozens of times each time I would say I love you to him. (He even said it on the phone for my mom!)

Since it's his new favorite phrase I decided to sing him a special version of "I just called to say I love you" while rocking to sleep. Half way through he removed his passy, looked up at me, said "ah luh boo", put the passy back, and nuzzled into my chest to fall asleep.

And that, my friends, is my shining moment as a Momma so far! I can't imagine that it gets any better than that.

And finally... here's a sneak peek at our Christmas card...

4 comments:

Kristen McG said...

how unbelievably sweet. I'm pretty sure I'll cry when C actually says it. I try and prompt him- haha- but to no avail. Heck, I can't even get him to call me Mama! :)
The Christmas card picture is stinkin adorable. Such a handsome little boy you have!

C said...

Love the card!

And I'm just gonna blame the pg hormones on the fact that I teared up reading what he said:-) I can't be known for being a softy now, after all! But anyway, SO sweet.

Grace@ MammaInTheScene said...

so I'm looking at your profile picture of when little E was a newborn...now he's saying I love you!

Jilli said...

Oh my gosh! Isn't it WONDERFUL?!?! And I LOVE the card! Send me your address! jilliworth@yahoo.com