Monday, August 22, 2011

I'm afraid I'll jinx it if I say it out loud.

I almost don't even want to mention this, but it's searing a hole into my brain and if I don't get it out I'll go nutzo. By the way, I don't really believe in jinxes. (Is that the proper spelling?... jinxes or would jinx plural just be spelled jinx? anyway.)

You know that a few weeks ago I took some family photos for my friend Shelley [posted here and here]. I posted a few to face.book and got several people ask if I would do their family's too. Of course I agreed. So yesterday I took some for my friend Samantha. After posting some of my favorites to face.book again the response I got was crazy - wonderfully exciting, and slightly surprising! I have been asked by 5 more people to set up sessions in the near future! Plus, most of those people mentioned that they have other friends or family who are also interested! I know, right? I'm still shaking my head. I did not solicit this "business" or even really advertise the fact that I would/could do it. But somehow the word spread. And it's so much fun! I'm thrilled and astonished that anyone would wish to pay me for something I love to do.

I'm wondering if this is a "God thing", you know. The kind of providence that "happens" upon you. Or coincidence? But then, I don't believe in coincidence. Maybe just dumb luck? Nope, I don't do luck either. Well, shoot. That settles it. I guess I'll just pursue this photography thing and see where it leads. If nothing else, I will enjoy doing it. And maybe a few people will be blessed by the effort. I say, bring it on!
"Whatever you do work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as your reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving." ~Colossians 3:23-24
P.S. I've added a photography page link (up there on the top). Check it out!

No comments: