Monday, May 9, 2011

My Day



I awoke way before I should have to the sound of a little voice excitedly saying "Mom?... Mom?... Mommy!?... Mooooommmm? Wake up! It's Mother's Day! Happy Mother's Day Mommy!" I rolled over and forced my eyes open. His face was inches from mine, peering over the side of the bed at me with a huge smile. How could I send that sweet boy away? I thanked him, kissed him, and asked if he'd go play in his room for a few minutes (so I could drag myself out of bed).

After we got ready for church we made our way downstairs, none too soon for Elijah. He had been fidgety with anticipation for me to open the gift he had picked out on yesterday's shopping trip with Daddy. One of the things I love about Elijah is his excitement over giving gifts!

He had chosen for me a photo frame with the word "LOVE" across the top, a yummy smelling honeydew melon candle, some of my favorite chocolates, and a cute card. Manny, if you'll recall, got me a new mattress (with my help)!

After church we went to my parents' house for lunch and some yard work, then naps, then a visit with my brother and his girlfriend Kate. The day was beautiful and warm, and we enjoyed our time outside. Especially my Elijah, who stripped off his pants and undies, and skinny-dipped half-naked in Mom's pond. Zeke crawled around, putting random objects in his mouth, and loving his new found freedom!

They even minimally cooperated for a few quick Mother's Day photos.


I sure am a blessed Mommy! I have two wonderful boys, a husband who loves me, and a great family.

No comments: