Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mom


Every morning that I work I drive to her house, unload my boys, fill up a cup with coffee she brewed, and entrust them to her care while I'm away. Then every afternoon when I return they are happy (usually), well fed, dressed, well cared-for, safe, and loved.

In the evenings we cook, eat, clean up, bathe the children, drink coffee, and enjoy time together.
On the weekends we shop, play, and work together.

She's the hardest-working, most selfless woman I know. I admire her stamina, strength, and wisdom. She gives and gives and gives of herself... her time, her talents. And though I know she gets discouraged and tired, she keeps going - pushing on.

I truly cannot imagine my life without her in it. She means the world to me. I'm inexpressibly thankful for the relationship we have and that I am blessed to live close to her. Plus, she's an excellent cook.

She's my Mom and my friend.
Happy Mother's Day, Mom. I love you.

No comments: