Saturday, May 7, 2011

Emboldened

That's how I was feeling yesterday. I had my tax return in hand (actually, in my bank account) and a dream in my heart. Or really, what I had was a dream about dreaming in my heart.

I'd been wanting a new mattress something terrible for months... maybe since I was pregnant with Zeke. My parents bought me the mattress we had even before Manny and I were engaged. It was old and sagging and falling apart! My back and neck and shoulders ache every single morning when I get up. I'm tired the second my feet hit the floor. I needed some relief.

Except, I'm about the least impulsive shopper you'll ever meet. It took me 3 years to buy new shoes, remember? But I psyched myself up, did a little online research, and then just made up my mind to indulge!

So I took my emboldened self out yesterday and bought a new FANTASTIC mattress. It's the first luxurious thing I think I've ever purchased for myself. I am totally in love with it. And if you think that's crazy, just come over to my house and plop your tired aching bones onto it for five minutes and you'll too fall in love. I'm not exaggerating.

Afterward I decided this is one heck of a Mother's Day gift from Manny to me... even though Manny had nothing to do with its purchase. I don't even care who its from, so long as I get to enjoy it.

Now, if you'll excuse me.
I have some z's to catch. :)

{In case you'd like to know, it's a Sealy Posturepedic like this one.}

No comments: