Thursday, July 1, 2010

other stuff going on

Manny may have a job as soon as next week. I'm not one to count unhatched chickens, so I'll hold back my excitement until it really happens. But he had a really good interview on Monday, then they called him today to schedule his drug test for tomorrow morning. He'll pass. It's nothing extravagant, just Lowe's, but we'd be so thankful for any job at all. It's been over 7 months since he's had one. Gosh, I can't believe we've gone that long!! God truly has provided for us.

Today a very sweet girl I barely know gave me a baby swing and infant carseat. Since my Mom will be babysitting we need 2 sets of everything this time around. So it's a huge blessing!

Mom and Dad came over to our house for dinner tonight. Today was the first day my Dad has worked a "whole" day since the onset of his... whatever you call it... sickness. I say "whole" lightly because Mom reported that he took 2 pretty long naps in the recliner, but he was there all day. And that's quite an accomplishment! So the fact that he came over and ate, then played with Elijah outside while measuring and figuring out how to build him a play area in our side yard is a huge thing. Normally he crashes as soon as he walks in the door, and that's after something as simple as a trip to Rural King or 2 hours at the office. No, things aren't improving, but I think he's learning how to cope a little better. Or at least push through the pain more.

Anyway, all day today the weather was outstanding! No humidity and I think the high got up to 81 or so. Just perfect for sitting on the porch. However not so perfect for swimming, which I want to do more of before baby boy arrives. Oh my hips hurt so bad! The only relief I get is in the water. Speaking of... I think I'll go run a warm bath before bed.

No comments: