Monday, April 12, 2010

trucks and women

During yesterday's epic potty battle, as mentioned earlier today, my husband proceeded to bribe our son with a number of rewards, treats, and goodies. None of them worked. But after many frustrated exchanges that went something like this...

"Elijah how about a handfull of m&ms? You love m&ms, don't you? If you go potty just a little bit you'll get as many as you want!"
"No-ooooooooooooo I don't want any m&ms. I hate the pottyyyyyyyy! I'm not going to sit down! Waaaaaaaaa...." And so on.

...Manny, exhausted, turned to me and joked "Before you know it we'll be bribing him with trucks, women, and a fabulous Jamaican vacation."

Elijah, having overheard this, remarked "Oh, I like fast trucks and fast women."

I turned to Manny with my mouth gaping open and asked if he heard what his son just said. He did not. So I repeated it, trying to conceal my giggle.

"Elijah, is that what you said?" Manny asked him.

"Yeah, that's what I'm talking about." Elijah shot back without skipping a beat.

No comments: