Friday, March 5, 2010

22 week check-in

So, 22 weeks already. crazy.
Not too much has changed.
I'm getting bigger - at least my belly is.
I'm getting hungrier. As if that were possible.
And this little guy is kicking and moving more all the time.

Cool news... last night Manny got to feel him kicking for the first time. Just in time for his 22 week birthday! As we were laying in bed the baby just started going crazy "moving furniture" (as we call it). It went on for a good 30 minutes. I knew it was just a matter of time before he got strong enough to jab me where I could feel it on the outside too. I know it's been hard for Manny to really grasp the reality of this little one. Men don't that kind of connection. But I think this helped... getting to actually feel his sweet son moving around in there.

Since he is still unnamed we've kind of started calling him E.B.B. - Elijah's Baby Brother.

My mom has made him a quilt. It's spectacular! I'll post a picture when it's complete. She embroidered each square with different monkeys, then used a monkey pattern to fill in the spaces around the outside. It's light green, tan, yellow, dark green, and off-white. I love it!! FYI, we went with the monkey theme because of Elijah's comment that in stead of a brother or sister, he would rather have a monkey.

I plan on taking a belly photo today, so stay tuned for that.

No comments: