Saturday, March 6, 2010

The Perfect Saturday

Imagine you are two years old and the most amazing, wonderful things you could possibly imagine are as follows... tractors, trains, dump trucks, excavators, bulldozers, chocolate milk, and playing outside on a sunny day. Then if you were my particular two-year-old today would be the best day of your entire life. And that's exactly what happened today.

Welcome almost Spring!! (15 more days until its official!) And more importantly, welcome 58 degrees and sunshine. We are so very grateful for your return.

Elijah and I headed out bright and early this morning with my Dad to run a few errands and entertain my little guy along the way. In fact, the second Elijah's feet hit the floor he was saying "Mommy, I'm ready to go to Rural King with Dampa now!" So away we went to Rural King, where we saw a real live forklift unloading skids of trees. A sign of warmer weather for sure! Then he got to see the baby chicks and ducklings, eat a bag of popcorn, and play in the display playhouse outside. These are his Rural King rituals.

After that we headed over to Donut Bank for some chocolate milk and chocolate donut holes. Man was that exciting!

My Mom met up with us there and joined us for a stroll through Lowe's, where Elijah rode the tractors and checked out the inside of every single grill. My parents also bought him his very own tiny rake and shovel for gardening this Spring. I'm sure he'll get plenty of use out of those!

We went through the car wash, which was "so much fun". When they sprayed the different colored soap on the car Elijah shouted "This is beautiful!". I think it so sweet how he experiences life - everything is fresh and exciting.

If that weren't enough fun for one outing, on the way home my Dad and I took him to see the heavy equipment where they are about to build a new road. I so much wish I would have had a camera with me to capture the looks of shock and awe on his face when he got up next to the giant excavator and bulldozers! He had a blast. We've promised a return trip... this time we'll bring a camera.

And since there were still a few hours left before nap time, we headed over to my parents' house to let him play outside in the perfect sunshine and warm air. Did I mention it was 58 degrees!!?? This is awesome for us this time of year and we took full advantage of it. We played trucks, raked leaves (with the new rake), went down the slide, shot a few hoops, and swung until his heart was content.

After taking a nice afternoon nap, Elijah was ready for another round of playing outside. We obliged, but when the sun started to set it got too chilly to be out. So, I, being an awesome mother, let my son eat popcorn and celery with peanut butter for supper to cap the day off right.

I tell you, it was wonderful to get some fresh air and sun rays on my skin today. I am looking forward to many more days like this to come. So ready for Spring!

The End.

No comments: