Tuesday, January 26, 2010

If he had his way.

I was rocking Elijah last night before bed and trying to explain to him what would happen today at the doctor's office. I had no idea if it would traumatize him -- what with the dim lights, mommy on a table, that funny thing the doctor uses, and the alien-like images on the TV monitors. So we had a conversation. It went just like this...


Elijah, tomorrow we're going to do something very fun. You remember how Mommy has a baby in her tummy?

Yes.

Well, we're going to see Mommy's doctor. And she's going to rub my tummy and we'll get to look at some pictures of the baby in my tummy.

Oh. [pulls up the bottom of my shirt to inspect my abdomen]

And it won't hurt me at all. It will be fun! We can't wait to look at our baby! You're going to get to see your baby! Won't that be great?

Yeah!

And guess what else. We'll be able to see if the baby is a boy or a girl. A brother or a sister.

Uh-huh.

Would you like a boy or a girl?

Umm, let's see....

A monkey.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Barbara said...

Give Elijah a monkey : )

grace said...

if it doesn't have a tail it's not a monkey.

--okay that one of our favorite veggie tale songs. I love Elijah's idea! ha ha! so great!