Monday, January 25, 2010

It goes like this, the fourth, the fifth

-My husband had a job interview today. This is great. But too soon to celebrate anything by a long shot. We're still a long way from steady income. But I'll take a step in the right direction rather than sitting around waiting for something to fall in our laps any day. Please pray for his job situation. We desperately need his income and finding a new job is our only option at this point.

-I had a photographic breakthrough with my camera last night. I learned how to adjust aperture priority and started working on metering. You would not believe the difference it makes to take your camera out of "auto" mode!!! Amazing things happen when you read the manual. I'm stoked for a sunny day to practice on my little munchkin outdoors!!

-I'm hungry - ALL. THE. TIME. Including right now. It's a good sign, I know. And I am thankful to have an appetite in stead of feeling sick constantly. Plus, eating is good for the baby. Especially when I eat things like Bluebell Cookies N Cream ice cream, caramel popcorn, dill pickles, or chips and salsa.

-There are little snow flurries falling from the sky and landing on the sidewalk outside my window at work. It's fun to watch, I just hope none of it sticks to the ground.

-My stupid 26-year-old brother is "homeless" now after getting evicted from his apartment, which he shared with his drugged out dumby friend. I am sorry this is how it turned out for him, but I think he needs to live with the consequences of years of bad choices. No more bailing his sorry butt out of trouble. He knows better, has a decent brain in his head, and has had many misused opportunities to make better decisions. I just pray he learn from all this and gets his act together... someday.

-The skin on my hands, elbows, wrists, feet, and ankles is SO dry and cracked you might mistake me for a reptile of some kind if you were to encounter me in the dark. Which, by the way, my poor husband does from time to time. And funny thing, he never offers to rub lotion on me like you'd think. Go figure! I need a pedicure something awful.

-I finally gave in to my doctor's "recommendation" and started taking that blood pressure medication on Saturday. I figured I don't really like getting scolded for disobeying orders, so I might as well give them a shot. And this way I can justifiably say I've been taking my meds. Plus, from what I read they should only take 48 hours to go into full effect, giving me plenty of time before the appointment to hopefully lower my blood pressure. (crossing fingers on that last part)

- The Colts are going to the Superbowl!! Yay! And in case you wondered, I am no fair-weather fan.

- My (not so) new favorite TV show is The Vampire Diaries on CW. It's no Twilight for sure, but the plot is interesting, angsty, and it has some decently cute boys. Yea I also realize it's a teen-drama. But I don't care. I've been following One Tree Hill for years and am proud to admit it.

- I love Valentine's Day! Manny's birthday is a few days before and this year we get to go away for a weekend with a church couple's advance. What fun!

The End.
Oh, and if you're wondering what connection the title of this post has with it's contents, you will find none. Sometimes I like a little mystery in my life. And sometimes I like a little Justin Timberlake.

No comments: