Monday, October 12, 2009

On how pregnancy made me a Colts fan

Sunday afternoons = football in our household. Oh yes they do!

Up until 3 years ago it didn't even enter onto my radar, but something changed long about week 9 of my pregnancy with Elijah. You know, that time when I was so sick I wished I could die. Nothing... and I mean nothing sounded edible, and I suffered from crazy-bad headaches, total exhaustion for no reason, and a very sensitive sense of smell. It was during that time (it was winter in Indiana, which means nothing to do for a pregnant sick lady except stay inside and sulk) that I would curl my pathetic self up on the couch all weekend long, leaving it only for bathroom breaks and maybe church. As it turns out without cable TV there is nothing to watch but infomercials and football on Sundays. So that's where it all started.

And so I fell in love with the Colts. (They won the Superbowl that year too!) To my great surprise with the end of the season also came the end of my all-the-time-sickness. And not a second too soon. And my Sundays have never been the same since.

Where was I going with that story? Oh yeah, I remember... Elijah.

So I think we have ourselves a little football fan. Last night while watching the Colts sweep the floor with the Titans, Elijah would cheer and throw both arms up whenever there was a touchdown.

Earlier in the day he approached me in the kitchen. I bent down and asked him what he was doing. He got very close to my face, and in the tiniest whisper he said "Duess what. tootballs on". I have no idea why he felt the need to whisper, but I got a good chuckle out of it.

And if you ask him who the quarterback is he will proudly reply "Peyton Manny".

In other Elijah news... He can count to twenty. (has been doing that for a few weeks) And he knows most of his colors: yellow, blue, green, orange, white, black, and sometimes brown.

-----------------------------------------------------------

I may have mentioned this, but last week Elijah's 2nd cousin Gracie visited from TX. They went to the Fall Festival together, got yellow balloons, and sat on the back of a firetruck.

They also rode the Choo-Choo train with their other cousin, Zoe.

Elijah ordered french fries from a booth all by himself -or so he thought. (Check out the sunglasses on top of his head and the monkey backpack.)

This is our traditional Fall Festival photo in front of the Chuck-Wagon.

And here's my little Romeo holding hands with Avery (Jacob's girlfriend's daughter) down on Franklin St.

2 comments:

Jeri said...

OMG...at first I thought you were going to announce something!

I hope everyone in your house is feeling better.

Love the pics of the Fall Festival!

Kristen McG said...

I fell in love that winter too. :) And it was majorly reinforced this fall, with the way the entire organization has rallied around my family during JD's battle with cancer. We even had a player and a chaplain at the viewing, and a giant horseshoe shaped flower arrangement from Jim Irsay himself!! :) Whoa!!! :)
Hope you're feeling better! I wish you lived closer, bc I know we'd be real-life friends. :)