Wednesday, December 9, 2009

A lovely affair

Over the weekend the daughter of my dad's youngest brother (my cousin) got married. Nick and Jennifer have been long-time sweethearts and we're so happy for them. The wedding was just a lovely affair.

The ceremony was at Holy Name Catholic Church in Henderson. The bride and groom beamed as they took their first walk as husband and wife.

These are my dad's parents.

The reception was held across the street at Holy Name school. The hall was decorated with romantic candle light, beautiful floral centerpieces, giant black and red satin ribbons swagged from the ceiling, and glowing Japanese lanterns.
These are my parents.

After a cocktail hour and a small meal, the guests enjoyed many hours of dancing and celebration.
And here's the happy couple at the reception.
There are so many more, but I can't be bothered with loading them. These tell the story well enough. I do not appear in a single photo because I was behind the lens all night. Which is just as well with me. I am still feeling the adverse effects of early pregnancy illness.

1 comment:

Jeri said...

Her dress is BEAUTIFUL! And the church is beautiful too!!