Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Busted

I think my mom knows.

Why? Because she always knows when someone is pregnant before they announce it. It is especially annoying when you are the person trying to keep it a secret.

My evidence?

- I was carrying a 5 gallon jug of water from the back room up to the water cooler at work. She said to me, "Why don't you let Dad get that. No need for you to... uh... get hurt."

- Normally when I go to her house for dinner (about 3 nights a week) she offers me wine to drink. We're not big drinkers, but we have a favorite kind we like to sip while we wait for the food to be finished. (Oliver Rose. Yum.) I will usually have 1 or 2 half glasses per week, on average. But she hasn't offered me any in a month or so. It's very out of character. In fact, she normally orders a half-pitcher of margaritas for us all to share when we got to Los Bravos for dinner, but she hasn't done that in a long time either.

- She made chicken n dumpling soup for dinner last night. Which we all know is a comfort food for those with upset tummies. Right? She said it felt like a chicken n dumpling day. I'll admit, it was just what my queasy tummy needed.

- She was with me at the grocery when I bought a box of Saltine crackers the other day. In our history of grocery shopping I have never bought crackers with her. It's just not on my normal shopping list. I suspect she thought something of it.

------------------------------------------------------
In other news, I still feel like hurling for about 14 hours a day. This morning it started exactly 30 seconds after I opened my eyes. Not pleasant!

No comments: