Wednesday, October 21, 2009

World On Fire

'tis fall in Indiana. Yesterday I was able to have the afternoon off work and the sun was actually shining -- go figure!! As Elijah and I drove home with our windows down we enjoyed the colors and smells, and cool air. What I love most is how the world seems to catch fire just before going dormant for another season. Like a final hurrah.
We decided to stop at the entrance of our driveway and get a picture of the view out the top of the moon roof.
Then Elijah grew impatient with my taking pictures because he so badly wanted to "get out and play new tractors in the rocks!". See the frustration on his face?
I was sorry.
So I let him out of the car to play...
while I snapped a few more

Of the trees on fire,

A pretty cersanthamum,


And a field

waiting for harvest.

2 comments:

C said...

Love the pics, of course:-) And I LOVED the weather yesterday as well. I want more of them! Not the stupid rain that's on it way:-(

C said...

P.S. Left you a prize on my blog:-)