Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Just Life

My father-in-law, Manuel, had a heart attack today. As of right now we are waiting to get an update from someone in the family about his condition. The good thing is that when he started having shortness of breath and nausea Gloria took him to the hospital right away. He didn't know until later what it actually was.

My adopted sister Chyna had a baby. Right, you didn't even know I had a sister named Chyna did you. Well, yes I do but I haven't seen her in over 5 years because she moved out to live with her "real" dad when she was 15 and has never looked back. (some gratitude, eh?) Anyway, her son Brilen Reed White was born on August 1st. He weighed 6 lbs. 4 oz. and was 20 inches long. He was born in Tennessee. No one knows why, since they live in Mt. Vernon, IN. But there you go. I have a nephew... sort of. Now, lets see if I ever actually meet him. My mom knew of the pregnancy and made him a quilt, but who knows if she'll be able to give it to him. Chyna tends to completely ignore any attempt we make to contact her.

Elijah is teething... AGAIN. Which I dislike. It makes him all snotty, feverish, drooly, and achy. I suppose the only good thing about teething at this age is that he can actually tell me what hurts. My baby, I hate when he doesn't feel well. He cut the top two-year-molars right on his birthday and now he's working on the bottom ones.

1 comment:

grace said...

I'm glad that manuel made it through. Praise the Lord for that. And also, I am praying for restoration ;-)