Friday, March 13, 2009

let's call this one: It Sucks

My 19-year-old adopted sister, (no I never talk about her because she moved out when she was 15, and basically disowned our family (but that's a whole 'nother story)) Chyna is pregnant.

My reaction: are you freaking kidding me?

My dad's reaction: I'm gonna be a grandpa again.

Wait.
What?

no.
and let me tell you why.

One... she's not really my sister. She unadopted herself when she was 15 -- moved out, changed her last name, and doesn't speak to any of us.

Two... we don't go getting all excited about teenagers who get pregnant and may or may not even still be with "they baby daddy". nope.

Especially not when there are perfectly legitimate married couples all over the world who are dying to have a baby but struggle with infertility. What a crazy mixed-up world this is. Why can't kids keep their pants on these days? I mean, really. And if they can't do that, for cryin' out loud, use some protection. Dang it.

Now, maybe Chyna has grown up, will do the responsible thing and care for this child properly. We can only pray she does. But frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if she fell right back in to her mother's footsteps and landed this kid in foster care just like she was at 10 months old. I sincerely hope that's not the case.

[steps down off soap box]

Sheesh, I'm so cynical today.

1 comment: