Sunday, March 15, 2009

a very happy fake birthday

Elijah is 19 months, 8 days old. Any normal family, I'm sure, doesn't celebrate such occasions with parties and cake. But who ever said we were a normal family?
Actually, this has a perfectly reasonable explanation.
(As if a person needs a reason to eat cake! puh.leeease.)

My "sister" Ragon, who moved out in January still hasn't moved back, but she does call daily to check in with my parents. I was scheming (can you blame me?) a way to steal her back from Helen and that ridiculous situation in which she currently lives. I figured the only way to entice her away would be by using Elijah. So, we told her we were having his 19 month birthday party on Saturday. Doesn't everyone celebrate their 19th month birthday? Well the ploy worked. She came to spend the weekend. So we had to follow through with the "party".

On Saturday we all gathered at my parents' house, invited my grandparents, and prepared a meal. Then we sang Happy Birthday to Elijah (with smirks on our faces) and all happily shared the chocolate cupcakes with chocolate and cream cheese frosting.

One thing is sure: a cupcake is never baked in vain.

And Elijah - the little darlin' - must have really thought it was his birthday because he was all grins with the attention. Bless his heart. We even indulged him to eat two cupcakes. It being his 19 month birthday, and all.





And these were just us playing outside the other day.
Couldn't you just eat that face right up?!

4 comments:

BROOKE said...

What a funny story! And I have to say.....your boy is ADORABLE!!!! He is so stinkin' cute!

C said...

How ingenious of you:-)

And yes, what a cute, adorable, eatable face:-)

Kristen McG said...

Hilarious story! Very clever :-D.
Elijah is SO cute!! I love those big brown eyes!!

Jilli said...

Ooh, I can't wait to meet this little guy in person. He is just adorable and it looks like the personality matches it!