Monday, February 23, 2009

You've got me a'singing

My little boy loves his night time lullabies with Momma. Tonight as I was singing him to sleep it occurred to me that perhaps some of our song choices were less than traditional lullabies. (not all, but some) And because it's probably something I'll want to remember when he's older, here are some of the ones we sing most. And by we, I mean, I of course. He "sings" along, but it sounds more like soft low-pitched squeaking - but it's still music to this momma's ears.

  1. Twinkle, Twinkle
  2. Edelweiss
  3. Oh Shenandoah
  4. I Can't Make You Love Me, by Bonnie Raitt
  5. And So it Goes, by Billy Joel
  6. Lullabye (Goodnight My Angel), by Billy Joel
  7. Swing Low Sweet Chariot
  8. Jesus Loves Me
  9. Amazing Grace
  10. And Can it Be, a hymn by Charles Wesley
  11. All the Pretty Horses
  12. Jesus Loves the Little Children
  13. Rock-A-Bye Baby
  14. On the Street Where You Live, by Harry Connick Jr.
  15. To Love and to be Loved
  16. Mama's Gonna Buy you a Mockingbird
  17. Bridge Over Troubled Waters, by Simon and Garfunkel
  18. Remember When it Rained, by Josh Groban
  19. Home, by Michael Buble
  20. I love you, the Barney theme song

Today at work my dad got a voicemail which went as follows:

Mama. Maaaa... Ma! mama...eeee. [squeals]

Elijah, put that phone down right now.

Eeee. Eeee. Aahhh. Mama! [muffled crunching]

click.

Also, the fact that someone invented the electric blanket somewhere in history is simply awesome. that is all.

1 comment:

Grace@ MammaInTheScene said...

what a great voicemail! ha ha :-)

I concur on the electric blankets.