Friday, December 5, 2008

Playing a Little Catch-up

This morning Elijah saw a picture on the refrigerator of the 2 of us from this birthday and said “Mmm, Momma that.” Which I know obviously meant “That’s my momma! And I love her so much!”



He hung out with me at the office yesterday. Here are some pictures in front of the tiny Elijah sized Christmas trees.
He's a little rough with Baby Jesus...


Here he is carrying the water jugs around. This is one of his favorite activities at the office.


On Tuesday Elijah and I went to have lunch and hang out with some old friends (well, they are 29... but you know what I mean). Courtney, with whom I have recently gotten reacquainted, was one of them. Leanne was the other. I haven't seen Leanne for a very long time-- maybe 4 years. Since then she's had 2 babies. How life changes! We were close friends from elementary - high school. But kind of lost touch when she went to college. Even though we were both in each other's weddings (during the college years) we didn't talk or see each other very much. Things became even more distant when I moved to Indy 6+ years ago. Anyway it's fine... we grow up, our lives and priorities change, we get busy, we work, have babies, have different friends, and go our separate ways. All of that is just life and doesn't bother me really. I understand that getting older does that to people. But to be honest, it was nice to see her again. When we get together it's as if we still know each other well and can laugh and talk our faces off like the old days. I had been a little afraid she would want to re-hash old "drama" (that's just her personality) but it was a surprisingly drama free afternoon. We ate lunch at her house, looked at scrapbooks and yearbooks, talked about pregnancy and kids, and caught up on life. I think having the 3 of us there made it a little easier. I could look to Courtney to lighten the mood if needed. She's always good for a giggle or two. ;) Anyway, it was plesant and I think we may even do it again. Elijah enjoyed playing with Jonathan (3 1/2) and I got to hold Bekah for a little while. Kind of makes me miss having an itty-bitty baby around... but not so much to make me lose my head and make me think I want another one now. nope.

And here's my boy with his "pop pop" at the office. Awe, they love each other.

In other news, the new office is well under way now. We (I say we loosely, because it's mostly my parents and uncles) have been doing demo for the past 3 weekends and now, with a few more loads to go in the dumpster, we're about ready to start on the construction phase. The building, on west Franklin St. (in the heart of Fall Festival territory) was built in the early 1900's and is in VERY poor condition. There were layers upon layers of plaster, drywall, wood paneling, wall paper, temporary walls, and more paneling. All covered with a thick coat of nicotine from the hundreds of smokers who patronized the old Mouse Trap and AmVet bars. I have never seen such a dirty place - honestly! Before it's all said and done this office will need all new EVERYTHING: floors, walls, ceiling, HVAC, electrical, plumbing, lighting, bathrooms, kitchen, exterior store front, even part of the foundation replaced. It's so bad in one area that the only thing keeping the upstairs from falling on the downstairs is that the exterior wall is leaning onto the building next door!! Not even kidding. I hope to have some before and after pictures to post soon (once there's some progress to show).

No comments: