Monday, July 28, 2008

Lovely Lovely vacation!

Well, we're back from Destin and it was fabulous!
My week can be summed up as follows: sun, beach, swimming, tanning, reading books, eating, taking photos.
Seriously I took hundreds and pictures. Especially of Elijah since it was his first ever vacation and first ever beach experience.
He LOVED the water and is well on his way to swimming like a big boy! He now knows how to:
  • hold his breath underwater
  • push off the steps or side of the pool to "jump" to me
  • go in face first (kind of like a dive)
  • kick his legs like a pro
  • hold on to the side and kick
  • go from my mom to me and back again
  • and when it's time to come up out of the water he lifts his head up like a little turtle

I'm so proud of him. He learned most of that last week in Florida. :) I can't wait to see how great he'll do by the end of the summer. He ate his fair share of sand and had a ball in the little baby pool we took to the beach for him. I kept him well covered in the shade and sunscreen but he still ended up with the BEST tan of all of us. He's blessed with his Daddy's dark complexion - lucky boy!

The water was blue-green and the sand was perfectly white... beautiful as usual. But the jellyfish were so bad we didn't get to swim in the Gulf much. I tried to venture out on Saturday but got stung 3 times on my leg. Not pleasant. So glad Jeremy, our umbrella guy, had ammonia to put on it.

We had such a lovely time, but were sad Manny could not be there. Elijah and I really missed him. Maybe next year.

No comments: