Thursday, June 4, 2015

23 weeks + 2 days | Pregnancy Update

As I'm sitting at my desk typing, this baby boy is kicking and jumping and flipping in my belly (making me have to pee constantly). He seems so much more active than the other two. Or maybe it's just because I'm more in tune to the feeling this time around.

Last  night after supper we were all sitting on the couch watching one of our favorite shows, Good Eats, and he was kicking so hard I could see my belly jumping. Up until now, with the exception of one time when Manny felt a little flutter, I've been the only one to feel him move. But when I placed Elijah's hand over my belly last night he was able to feel the baby kick. Then Zeke got to feel him too. They were so excited! Zeke kept saying "I can't believe it that I felt my brother kick me! Like this {does karate kick}!" It made their day. I love that they are such enthusiastic big brothers! It makes this whole process even more enjoyable. They always ask me how old their brother is and how big he is. And they always, always kiss my tummy. At night when I tuck him in, Zeke always kisses me twice. He says, "once for you, and once for the baby".

The email this week told me he can hear what's going on around him, see light and dark, should be about 11 inches long, and weigh approximately 1 pound - the size of a large mango. Which we just happen to be eating a lot of lately.

I have an OB appointment this afternoon and an ultrasound. Last time she wasn't able to get a good view of his profile or the bottoms of his feet during the anatomy scan, so we get to take another peek today. Which seems nice, except that the cost isn't covered by my insurance so these things are starting to get expensive.  Of course, there's not much I can do about any of that so I just go along with it. Also, last time he measured small, around 53rd percentile, so I'm anxious to see how that's going.

I'm not sick any more, praise the Lord!! And I've pretty much got my appetite back. Sometimes in the evening I still don't feel like eating because I don't have room to put the food. Things are getting squished in there! But over all I feel human again. I'm so thankful! Also, this time around, I'm showing a lot more than with the other 2.

No comments: