Tuesday, February 3, 2015

6 weeks

I thought I might be able, by some crazy fluke of nature or act of Mercy by God, to avoid pregnancy sickness this time.

Oh how wrong and foolish I was.

As if keeping time, my body knew before I did that I had reached the six-week mark. Oh the nausea. Body aches. An all-over feeling of an impending flu that won't go away, coupled with the sensation of having just stepped off an amusement park ride.

My only hope now is that it will end soon. Each day I wake up feeling alright and think, "Ok, today I will feel fine. Today is the day it goes away." And I pray.

We are still keeping this news a secret (mostly). I want to go to the doctor to make sure everything checks out ok before we tell my family. I am nervous because I've had some spotting. Nothing outright alarming, just enough to keep me quiet for a while longer. I have an appointment for an ultrasound next week. We'll tell them after that.

I've had some intense round ligament pain too. Ouch.

Tomorrow I'm meeting with a couple to book their wedding photography. The wedding is August 8th. I'll be 7 months pregnant then. Oh boy. :)

No comments: