Thursday, January 22, 2015

Containment

My hope was baby-news-containment for a while. You know, for at least a few weeks until I feel like we're in the clear. I don't really know why. Maybe part of me feels like this is too good to be true. Or because I'm older something is bound to go wrong. Or, truth be told, because I'm afraid of my parents' reactions. Why is that? What is wrong with me?

But Manny couldn't keep his excitement about the baby in any longer. So tonight at supper time he called his Mom in California to tell her. She was SO HAPPY. She cried, and cried with joy. She kept saying "Oh a baby! I'm so happy! I'm so happy! This is so wonderful!" It felt really good telling her and hearing her reaction. It reminds me that this IS joyous. This is a blessing. God crated this life and He is good. He knows what He's doing. He must surely have a plan for our lives... for the life of this little one.

Manny is very anxious to tell the boys but I know they'll never be able to keep the secret. So, until we're ready to tell my parents I don't want to tell the boys. But I can't wait to see what they say. Especially Elijah.

This still feels so surreal.

No comments: