Sunday, January 6, 2013

The Bestest

Every Sunday evening (as often as possible) our family gets together for food and great fellowship with our very dear, special friends, the Matthews.  We truly are kindreds, having the same desire for our families to follow the Lord, and I always leave feeling more blessed by having them in our lives. Our children {our 2 and their 6} adore one another, which is an added bonus.  I love how much they love each other and play so beautifully together. There are always a few tears shed when it is time to head home and immediate talk of how many days until we get to do it again.

It reminds me of my own childhood.  When I was young, my parents' were best friends in the world with the Bolands; Phil and Jennifer. They had 3 kids, all around my brother's and my age, and we were all best friends too. I have the warmest, happiest memories of the times our families spent together.  So having that type of friendship for my boys is very special for me to see.

Last time we were together I snapped a few photos of the kids.

Here's Lundon, 9 years old, the eldest son so he's great with the little ones. He's kind and loving and looks out for everyone. And the little one is Titus, almost 4.
Titus, almost 4. Totally a mini-Chris. Best dancer I've ever seen in a 3-year-old!
Moses, almost 8. Amazing artist, strong, tough, loving and responsible.
Bella Rose, 5 and 1/2{she is 2 months and 2 days older than Elijah and he LOVES, loves, loves this girl. He says she is his very best friend.} 
I mean, seriously. Look at that personality! This girl has spunk and fire. I pretty much love her too! 
And the littlest one, Elias, I had the priviledge of watching come into the world.
He's 4 months old. 
This is Ainsley, the eldest, 10 years old. She's quiet and smart, and loves to read.

We are beyond thankful to have these friends in our lives. I have come to treasure our time together as we learn more about each other, pray for one another, and encourage each other in the Faith. :)

No comments: