Friday, May 18, 2012

Hats Off to the (Pre-K) Graduate

Elijah's first year of school has come and gone.  If its this surreal now, I can't imagine how I'll feel when we reach elementary school, or heaven forbid high school.  Westminster Preschool Graduation was held this afternoon, and consisted mostly of songs with hand-motions performed by each class.  Naturally, Mrs. Miller's class was the best.
Zeke sat though almost the entire program without complaint. I think he really enjoyed watching the bigger kids sing and dance.  He even tried to sing along and do the motions too.
Here's who came... Zeke and I, my parents, and my grandparents.
Afterward Grandma Debby took us out for french fries and ice cream at Big Top to celebrate.  Elijah ate the entire thing because he's a graduate now, so he says.
I've decided not to send him to Kindergarten yet next year since he will only turn 5 the week before school starts. I want him to be a little older and more mature when he starts school.  Mrs. Miller said he's academically ahead, but needs to do a little more maturing in other ways.  She's right.  So I'm going to homeschool him starting in the Fall using a Kindergarten curriculum. We've already started on some things and I think he will do very well.

No comments: