Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Pool Construction: Day 6

So I last left off talking about Construction day 3. I haven't updated about it in a while because VBS was last week and after that I felt like I needed to sleep for 12 days to make up for the exhaustion. Remind me next year not to agree to work the nursery, please.

Days 4 & 5 were rainy so they guys mainly worked on little stuff like plumbing and electrical. I don't have pictures of that stuff.

Day 6 was a big day!


They poured cement on the ledge at the bottom of the walls and footers on the outside of the frame.

Elijah was thrilled that got to pull the levers on the cement mixer truck.

They excavated for the slab which will hold the pump and heater (yes, pool heater!), and made a trench for a drainage pipe.

A dump truck brought a big load of gravel for later use.

Lastly, the "buddy seat" was delivered and installed. (I have a feeling it's going to be my favorite part!) As soon as they had it secured Elijah said "Mom, will you be my buddy and sit in the buddy seat with me?" Oh man, I can't wait!

No comments: