Monday, June 27, 2011

Driver's Ed?

Nine years ago I was at work one morning when my mother called me in a flood of agitation and outrage with a confession. My brother had done something particularly moronic. She was so furious with him that she intentionally used her car to smash into his car in the driveway - then pulled forward - backed into it again - and then again a third time.

Four years ago, on a hot July afternoon, our truck was parked in my parents' driveway behind my Mom's car, which was parked behind my brother's truck. My mother wanted to move my brother's truck so she backed it into her car with such force that her car hit our truck and pushed it 10 feet backward. All three vehicles were extensively damaged. Our truck ended up being in the shop for almost a month!

Three days ago my car was parked in their driveway when Mom wanted to leave in a hurry. She was watching the garage door go down and didn't even realize she was backing out at an angle. The front fender of my poor Honda never stood a chance.





1 driveway + 1 driver + 7 wrecked cars = Maybe Mom needs to reevaluate her backing up skills?

No comments: