Friday, February 11, 2011

Manny's birthday and stuff

Today is my husband's 33rd birthday. Happy birthday Manny! I heart you. Elijah and I decorated with yellow streamers and balloons yesterday. He was spinning with excitement. This afternoon we'll have lunch as a family, then Elijah and I will bake a chocolate cake with chocolate icing and top it with yellow "Thomas" decorations.

Last night I had a dream that my mom drove my car off the edge of a wall in a parking lot on Green River Rd and totally broke off the front end. And I was so mad that I cussed.... in my dream... not in real life. Because I don't cuss in real life.

I've had a cold for 2 weeks. It's crappy because I can't take antihistamines (milk supply) and I can't breath. Blech. Can I just be healthy for a minute?

Elijah was watching me get ready yesterday morning. He said "Mom I want to be a daddy when I grow up. Yeah! And I'm going to find myself a good woman! And she's going to have two babies named Elijah. And you and Daddy are going to be our kids. And I'm going to be the Daddy."

Before bed last night we were talking about how he can practice obedience. I asked if he understood and he said, "Yeah, like if you say 'Elijah, don't eat that cake right now.' I won't eat it."

This morning Elijah and Manny were playing some sort of shoot-em-up game and Elijah pretend shot Manny. He said "Daddy, I shot you so much and now you're dead!" And Manny said we don't shoot people, even for pretend. And Elijah said (in his most whiney voice) "But Daddy, Heaven is a beautiful place!"


I've lost 5 pounds in the last 3 weeks. Not on purpose. Maybe because I've been sick. Maybe because of nursing. Or the new medicine I'm taking kind of makes me nauseated so I'm not as hungry. I'm not complaining though.


I'm soooooooooo ready for Spring! We've had snow snow and more snow. Nothing too heavy, but just day after day of waking up to grey skies and a layer of the white stuff covering the ground. I'm over it.

No comments: