Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Holiday traditions in my mouth

Christmastime for my family means pretty much two things (besides celebrating the birth of our Savior of course), and those two things are: 1) cooking, 2) eating.

I cannot recall a single holiday tradition that in some way does not involve one or the other (or both). It's what we love to do. It's what brings us together and gives us a sense of "home". When someone asks me about childhood Christmas memories, I inevitably conjure up images of my Mom and Grandma in the kitchen. I am happy it works this way for us. And I truly hope my children inherit our love for all things culinary. It's a lovely way to celebrate.

As a matter of fact, this food thing isn't just a Christmas tradition. We pretty much cook and eat for any and every event throughout the year. Our waistlines love it.

This year (even this moment as I type this) the preparations have already begun. My Mom is at her house with my Grandma and Elijah working away. (I'm sad not to be with them.) I bet they're having fun.

On the menu this year -as most years past- we'll be enjoying some of our old favorites. It's sure to be a day full of feasting! I can't wait!

I have a recipe blog, in case you didn't know, which contains these. Here's the menu, complete with recipe links.

Breakfast/Brunch

Hors d'oeuvres

Dinner

Look! I'm getting fatter just by having typed this. Umm... is it lunch time yet?

No comments: