Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Dread (rethought)

I just confirmed what I had been fearing. My health insurance through work has a $3,000.00 deductible.

three.
thousand.
U.S. dollars.

THREE THOUSAND DOLLARS.

If I had that kind of money I would have had the repairs made to the foundation of our house, or had it insulated, or gotten new windows, or... uh... I don't know... put it in the bank.

I'm so upset over this I feel like I could just cry right now.

My dad says he will "look into some other options". I certainly hope he's able to find a way for me not to pay this all out of pocket. The way it seems now, I might as well skip the prenatal care, deliver at home, and save myself a BUTT LOAD of money.
-------------------------------------------------------------
post edit: I spoke with my dad, who spoke with the insurance company today. Good news, or at least things seem to be looking up a bit -- It appears that we'll be able to get better coverage starting the 1st of June 2010. Which means possibly a lower deductible for me at the time of delivery. (Lord willing that baby doesn't come more than 5 weeks early.) Then, the better part is that after the delivery and all that billing stuff gets worked out, we can raise it back up to save $ for the rest of the year. To me, this sounds like a great plan. I hope it works out.

No comments: