Friday, November 13, 2009

6 weeks and wanting to hurl

Six weeks in and I'm already waaaayyyy worse off with this pregnancy than I was last time around. I am nauseous night and day - around the clock. And not your normal feeling like you're going to throw up and then feel better. No. You ladies know exactly what I'm talking about. It's like my whole body hurts, my head is spinning, my ribs ache, and I just want to cry.

Last night I was laying on the couch trying to distract myself from the feeling of unease which had settled into my tummy. And I nearly lost it when a Chili's commercial came on. I mean... ugh. That greasy meat, the fried onion rings, the ranch dressing. Gag me with a spoon! I had to cover my eyes until it was over.

The sad part is that I know it will get worse before it gets better. With Elijah I didn't start feeling like this until 8 or 9 weeks. Blech!

I'm not sure what's up with my lower back either, but I feel like I've been stabbed. It woke me up out of bed last night and really scared me. I was having like cramps in my lower back and in my lower abdomen, especially like a pinching feeling near the left ovary. I'm thinking maybe a UTI. I've had one before that felt similar. I never felt any of the other symptoms until it got to my kidneys. So today I'm going to drink as much cranberry juice as I can stand.

My 1st doctor visit is a week from today. I hope this clears up before then because I really don't want to go twice in a row. Then again, I guess I better get used to that, eh?

No comments: