Sunday, October 4, 2009

My son is awesome: Quote & Photo Edition

I cannot even tell you how many times I have heard my mother say to me "When you were little you would say such-and-such and it was so funny. I wish I would have kept a book of all the little things you said."

Part of the beauty of this age of technology is that it's so much easier to keep track of things like that via blogging. I feel that it is my rightful duty as a mother to keep such a record for my funny and ever-surprising little talking machine.

So today I bring you... "My son is awesome: quote and photo edition". Please enjoy.

"Oh gosh. I wonder why that is", said Elijah as we exited the parking lot of Los Bravos on Friday afternoon. We had been talking amongst ourselves and didn't catch what he said to himself to prompt such an inquiry, but wish we had. Sometimes Manny and I just look at him, shake our heads, and try not to laugh.

Like today for example. As many of you know, the West Side Nut Club's Fall Festival takes place this week and it just happens to be outside the door of my office. I mean - literally - just outside my door. As I type this I am sitting not 6 feet from booths selling pronto pups, onion rings, corn on the cob, caramel apples, sausage burgers and other goodies. Oh the smells wafting in my door and tempting me! Anyway, Elijah (and may other family members) came down here to partake of the festival for lunch. I decided to munch on some deep fried green beans (SO yummy!), and a corn on the cob. But before I could take a fifth bite he procured my corn and claimed it as his own.



After devouring the entire thing and sucking the cob clean he said to me, "Elijah eat the corn like lawn mower cut the grass!" Interesting comparison, but accurate.

A little later he was walking down the hallway and tripped over his own feet. He got up, brushed himself off, turned to me and said "Sniper got ya."

And today while I was working at the office he was here playing for a while, occupying himself with my calculator and jabbering to himself. Suddenly he looked up and screeched "I make it awesome numbers!" So, OK.

Those are just some little things, but there are literally dozens and dozens more every single day. I really need to be better about writing them down. My silly, cute, talkative, smart little whipper-snapper! I puffy heart him.

-----------------------------------------------------
Over the weekend we went to the orchard to pick apples with my Mom, Grandma, and Aunt Paula. It was Elijah's first ever time picking and he really enjoyed himself. He spend the entire time chomping on apples and trying to keep up with us marching thru the grass... which prompted him to chant repeatedly "walking in the tall tall grass...". I think that by the time we left he had eaten 4 apples, at least in part. Here are some pictures.











Also there were 2 horses, which he got to pet and wanted SOOOO bad to ride. I did not let him.

No comments: