Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I think he was only teething.

Last night Elijah and I were up most of the night. I thought he felt a little warm when I layed him down in bed, but I didn't think it was that bad. When I went to check on him at 10:30 he was whimpering and having trouble breathing. I put my hand on him and immediately could feel the heat radiating from his little body. I got him up right away, stripped off his clothes and diaper, and gave him a quick dose of T.ylenol. I didn't need to use a thermometer to know his temp was way too high. The hard part was holding cool cloths on his body. I could tell it was really uncomfortable for him. He barely had the energy to cry "Momma Momma" in the most heart-breaking tone you've ever heard. He was also pretty listless and weak. But after the medicine kicked in he was able to rest a little as long as I was holding or snuggling him. He slept next to me and Manny slept in the guest room (so he wouldn't wake Elijah). He never really fell totally asleep until about 5:30 - then slept until 9:30. (Thank goodness because I needed the rest also.) I'm almost certain it was all caused by these stinking two-year molars he's been cutting for the past month. I hope they break through soon. Poor little boy.


In other news, the flowering cherry trees outside my window are doing a lovely dance today on this warm breezy afternoon.

And because I'm at a loss for more interesting things to talk about, here's a survey I copied from Kristen.

1. Where is your cell phone? my purse

2. Your significant other? Manny-bo-banny, aka Pants, aka Mandolin Orange Salad

3. Your hair? down today, brown, curly, shoulder length and needing a cut BAD

4. Your mother? babysitting Elijah right now, a wonderful cook, a very hard worker

5. Your father? sitting in the room next to me, also one of the hardest working people I know

6. Your favorite thing? laughing with my little boy, summer time, reading, the beach - preferably all at once!! (wouldn't that be great?!)

7. Your dream last night? something about going to the beach

8. Your favorite drink? iced sun tea, cherry limeade, fresh good espresso or americanos, Dr. Pepper

9. Your dream/goal? full-time stay-at-home-mom

10. What room you are in? reception area at the office

11. Your hobby? I wish I had time for one. In my pre-baby days: scrapbooking, gardening, cooking

12. Your fear? car accident or my house collapsing (take a look at what I do for a living - cue: paranoia)

13. Where do you want to be in 6 years? smack dab in the middle of the Lord's will... wherever that may be. hopefully a Momma of a few more kiddos, homeschooling them and being the best wife I can be.

14. Where were you last night? home, up all night with a feverish little boy

16. Muffins? not really.

17. Wish list item? new windows downstairs, new foundation for my house (yes, really)

18. Where you grew up? McKinney, TX and Evansville, IN

19. Last thing you did? refill my glass with sweet tea =)

20. What are you wearing? Old Navy jeans, navy blue Gap t-shirt, purple and grey Adidas tennis shoes

21. Your TV? in the living room, only comes on after 7:00 pm, unless we watch the "letter show"
22. Your pets? dog - Annie, constantly smells like pond. 2 outside cats - Gimli and Sweet pickle, both mentally challenged.

23. Friends? wish I had more

24. Your life? busy but I wish it were fuller

25. Your mood? energetic.

26. Missing some one? Moxi

27. Car? Red Honda Accord

28. Something you’re not wearing? Stilettos - as if. nailpolish.

29. Your favorite store? Aldi

30. Your favorite color? orange or green

31. favorite holiday? 4th of July

32. Public school? I attended private and/or home school until 8th grade. Public HS was a good experience, I think, due to the good foundation I had. But I hope to home school our children as long as possible.

33. When is the last time you laughed? 30 minutes ago, on the phone with my sister-in-law talking about Aunt "Yoohoo" (because she always says yoohoo to announce her arrival).

34. Last time you cried? 2:30 this morning on the second round of getting up with Elijah with a raging fever. I had to strip him down and put cool cloths on his body - he cried and cried and looked up at me pleadingly and saying "Momma". Finally, in the midst of his sobs he gasped and said "Momma, Ah Lub you." and went back to sobbing. =(

35. Who will resend this? no idea

36. One place that I go to over and over? my parents' house

37. One person who emails me regularly? no one

38. My favorite place to eat? Los Bravos

39. Why you participated in this survey? boredom

40. What are you doing tonight? dinner at home with my guys, watching Biggest Loser

No comments: