Monday, February 16, 2009

hubs had a birthday

I think it would be fair to say I'm in love with a website. See, I learned how to edit photos on picnik. Try it too. I think you'll have fun.

I'm know I'm slightly delinquent in updating, sorry. This week got away from me I suppose.

The hubs celebrated his 31st birthday on Wednesday. And I, the thrifty and clever wife, decided to make him a yummy dinner at home complete with romantic table linens, candles, fancy china, and birthday decorations. Elijah's grandparents served as babysitters so we could enjoy a few hours alone - so nice of them.

So I prepared marinated grilled steaks, garlic butter and parsley potatoes, fresh steamed green beans and julienned carrots, crescent rolls, and pound cake with whipped cream and fresh strawberries for dessert. It was delish! And relaxing to have some quiet time with just the hubs during dinner... which is normally a marathon of preparing food for both Elijah and us, feeding him, trying to feed myself before my food gets cold, cleaning up what mess happens to land on the floor, wiping off the table/child's face/child's hands, wiping spilled milk off a variety of surfaces, washing dishes, whisking child off for bath time and subsequently putting on jammies and starting bedtime routine. So, no. Not much relaxation takes place from 5 o'clock until after Elijah goes to sleep for the night. Anyway, we enjoyed our dinner. And that's about all I have to say about that.

Here are some updates on this post from the other week:

* My brother is out of jail (he was only there for 3 days actually) but most likely he'll be going back once the judge at his hearing finds out he doesn't have the money to pay the fines he incurred. Plus, it's not his first offense and the last time the judge told him it was his last chance to screw up.

* My "sister" is still living with Helen. She calls to talk with my parents several times a week but since Helen's talons are dug in so deep, I doubt she'll ever let Ragon and her very handy Government assistance check go.

And in other news:
* Our new office building project is coming right along. We should be able to move in about 3-4 weeks. They are finishing the drywall today and will start on paint, drop ceiling, carpentry trim, glass installation, kitchen, and flooring this week. We're getting kind of excited about the new place now that it looks habitable. Once it's all done I'll post before and after pictures.

* My dad hurt his left leg pretty badly at the new building yesterday and is in a lot of pain now, regardless of what he would tell you. Somehow 13 pieces of drywall fell directly on his shin bone and came pretty close to snapping it in half. In stead, thank the Lord, he claims to have only a sprained ankle. Mom and I are trying to convince him to get an x-ray, but being a guy, he's too stubborn. And of course, it's only a "flesh wound". I hope he's right.

2 comments:

Kristen McG said...

hey.. Jordan's bday is in a few weeks- want to come make our dinner?? It sounds scrumptious! Glad you and Manny got some alone time- that's always nice and refreshing!!
Also- thank you so much for the card! That was so sweet and thoughtful! I meant to thank you long before now... but please know, it was very appreciated!!

C said...

Happy Birthday Manny!:-) And what a wonderful wife you are to make such a delish dinner! He looks like a VERY happy birthday boy.

Sorry to hear about your dad! Tell him to not be stubborn b/c if it gets worse and he can't walk,guess who will come and pick him up AND lecture him all the way to the ER?:-)