Tuesday, December 23, 2008

With so little time...

These are the things I need want to accomplish before Christmas Day... which is a mere 2 days away, in case you didn't notice!!
  1. Purchase 3 gifts for my husband
  2. Return/exchange 3 items at the store
  3. Clean my house
  4. Complete laundry : all 627 loads (which are currently accumulating into mountains on my closet and office floors)
  5. Take Elijah to see Festival of Lights (he is totally into Christmas lights this year!)
  6. Purchase baking/cooking goods for the following:
  • Lemon Squares
  • Marshmallow Fudge
  • Chex Mix
  • Caramel Popcorn
  • Rice Krispy Treats
  • Overnight Breakfast Casserole
  • Special Day Pull-Apart Rolls
  • Citrus Salad
Yet, here I sit in front of my computer, wasting precious time while little baby bear naps. err...must...motivate...self.

But first real quick - some Elijah updates...
He says a few new words: passy, water (sounds British like "wah-tah"), poop -- gross right? (YES! he does use it in context -- next step, the big boy potty!), nah-nah (banana of course).

He can turn on/off the TV and switch channels until it's on the one he wants.

He has learned to follow directions for "up" and "down". For example, put your legs up or put your legs down.

At our house one will seldom see any of the Nativity characters in their correct places. I don't know why, but the Maggi and townsladies always want to congregate in the kitchen. The turkey flew the coop and ended up on one of the Christmas tree branches. And you can FORGET about the sheep ever staying put... they are prone to wander after all. Plus, that one kneeling angel cannot keep herself out of Baby Jesus' personal space. The funny part is that I'll notice everything strewn around the house, then several minutes later I look and everyone is back on the table where they belong - all lined up in a row looking out. I'm so glad they aren't breakable.

We have a new game we call round bottom. Where Elijah sits on the floor facing away from me, then rolls his body back - throwing his head into my waiting hands just before he would hit the floor. I then rock him back up to a sitting position, and say "round bottom", then he rolls back down again. It's a good ab work out too. :)

He recently discovered the joys of turning in circles until he gets dizzy.

We spent several hours at my Grandparent's house yesterday. It was so much fun. Elijah got to play with his cousin Zoe (who's 3) and thinks she's very cool. It was getting late and I decided to go ahead and give E his bath and put PJ's on at their house before the drive home. So I stripped him naked and told him it's bath time. So, what does he do? Run straight into the kitchen, stand in front of the sink, and hold his arms straight up squealing "bah bah bah!". How sweet is that? He is so used to being bathed in the kitchen sink that's where he went!! Ha ha ha!

1 comment:

Kristen McG said...

I am so glad to hear that I'm not the only one with 627 loads of laundry taking over the floors of the house. :)
Except, for the first time in like a year, every single bit of it is clean... there's just loads in random places waiting to be folded. Oh, to catch up on laundry.. will that day ever come??