Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Half an Apple and a Grilled Cheese Sandwich

I got puked on.

Wait... did you get that? Elijah puked on me. all night. all over everything. (including my hair)

Consider the following equation...

  • 5 pairs of baby PJs +
  • 3 pairs of Mommy PJs +
  • 3 pairs of Daddy PJs +
  • 4 wash cloths +
  • 3 hand towels +
  • 6 bath towels +
  • 9 blankets +
  • 1 quilt +
  • 1 Curious George +
  • 1 bath mat +
  • 1 bathroom rug

Equals 2 loads of laundry, 1 carpet steam cleaner, 3 hours of sleep, and 1 very tired and dirty Momma.

And all because I fed Elijah half an apple and a grilled cheese sandwich for supper. I thank the Lord it wasn't tomato soup and hotdogs. That I could not have handled.

The smell of throw up still lingers in my nostrils. I love being a Momma. I really do. I just need to disinfect my house and take a long hot shower now.

All you Mommas out there who have been puked on... props to you.

3 comments:

C said...

Aww, that stinks...literally:-) Sorry about the puke. Is it a bug or did it just not settle on his belly? Hope it gets better!

Jilli said...

Oh honey!!! Is it the stomach flu?? Mia had it for SIX days. I was puked on more times than I can count!! You are a true Mama!!! Hope he feels better SOON!!!!

Grace@ MammaInTheScene said...

The first time I ever got puked on was my very first babysitting job, outside of my siblings...the little guy puked DOWN MY BACK. As a stunned 11 year old I had no idea what to do...bleh.

...and now I'm a mom...

and I got puked on last night. Staying at mom's house. I'm nursing Zuri to sleep next to a sleeping Hosanna. Hosanna starts to cough. *puke* all over zuri. And she gets up and says "mamma, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to throw up" awwww. Then she tells Zuri she's sorry, and my sister, and any one else around...all while I'm cleaning up the puke infested Zuri...who proceeded to not go to sleep then until 2 am.

now that's nice.