Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Birthday celebration: part two

Well, I know it's Wednesday and I'm just now blogging about my weekend... but that's because I DON'T WORK MONDAYS OR TUESDAYS ANYMORE! Yippee!! :-)

Anyway, Friday I worked until noon and it was a lovely summer day. So afterward Libby and I took Elijah to the Orchard to see some farm animals. He got to pet a horse and a donkey. The llama didn't want to come very close to the fence. I don't even know if he had fun, but it was entertaining to see him react to the animals. He kept saying "Lalon, lalon" to the horse. Still a little confused, but it's cute.

Friday evening our friends from Indy, Sarah, Jason, and Isabelle Welty arrived for a weekend visit. Isabelle is getting so big -- she's crawling all over the place and "talking" baby babble like crazy! Elijah fell madly in love. When they were playing together he could not keep his eyes off her. How sweet, his first crush. ;) They kissed too!!

We had a nice visit. Saturday Sarah and I took the kids with us to my cousin's wedding shower, then met up w/the boys at Old Chicago pizza, which was pretty tasty. I took her around to a few "sights" in Evansville then we went to Rural King. Yep, we're pretty country these days! Other than that we just took it easy at home and watched the Olympics (which started the day after Elijah's birthday).

Sunday after church we had his big Birthday soiree. It was a really fun party with lots of people, lots of cake, and lots of presents. Here's who came (for the benefit of Elijah when he's older): Grandma and Grandpa Jost, Uncle Jacob, his girlfriend Grace, Aunt Ragon, Great Grandma and Grandpa Funk, Great Grandma and Grandpa Jost, Gary and Michelle with Zoe, Stacy, Shannon and Jeff, Aunt Marcia, Dave and Lauralee, Amy and Jason with Hanna and Landon, and Jason and Sarah with Isabelle.

Elijah was super funny with his cake too! He would take a bite, then look around for approval and clap his cake-covered hands together when we would all cheer. And again he loved it. He got tons of nice toys, cards, and books. We are so blessed.

Of course there are pictures, but I don't have them here. So, I'll upload them later.

Tomorrow is our 9th anniversary. We're going to Bonefish Grille on Saturday evening to celebrate. It will be our FIRST date since Elijah was born. We are way overdue for some grown-up time. I'm excited. :)

That's it for now.

No comments: