Monday, February 27, 2012

Advancing ?

This weekend Manny and I attended a wonderful couples' advance with our church at New Harmony Inn. (I had never been there and it's lovely.) We had a great time of fellowship and hearing some much-needed refreshing teaching on marriage! I am hopeful that he will receive (at least) some of what he heard and apply it to his heart. I'm pretty much ready to see some changes in a positive direction. Of course, I know we both need to learn and change. I'm just growing weary of the way things have been for the past... oh, 5 years. I'm tired. I'm out of ideas. And out of energy. I am ready to have a good, fruitful, enjoyable marriage in stead of this stale, tiresome, lonely one. We need the Grace of God to help us, that's for sure. But if there's one thing I learned this weekend its that ANY marriage can be improved. There is ALWAYS hope. I'm not giving up.

1 comment:

Kristen McG said...

Praise God that he was willing to go with you! That in itself is a good thing! I'm praying for a time of refreshing for the two of you. HE is redeemer and restorer!!