Thursday, October 13, 2011

Big days ahead!

Big day around these parts! We have lots of stuff going on. Such as...

Ezekiel took off walking at church this morning after Bible study and hasn't slowed down since. We had been saying for weeks that once he figures out he can do it there will be no stopping him! It's so cute to see.

My Mom's birthday is next week and Dad surprised her tonight at dinner with the announcement that they were leaving in 2 hours for Destin (their favorite place!). She was so surprised! I had already packed their bags and gotten all their snacks for the road. So all she had to do was make sure it was all there and load it into the car. They left 2 hours ago so they'll be on the beach for sunrise in the morning. I'm thrilled for them!

I'm planning a fund raiser for the missionaries supported by my church. I'll be doing 14 mini photo sessions on October 29th with the proceeds going to our mission fund. It's thrilling and frightening at the same time. I feel very ill equipped. But I realize this is what God has been asking me to do for quite a while, and as I step out in obedience He will provide what I need. Plus, it just feels so good to be in His will. You know? Read more info about that here.

I'm about to get involved with a really exciting project through one of our missionaries, Marco and Sherrie deFelice in Italy. They are working on making videos to teach English as a second language. Part of this includes using photos to reinforce vocabulary words, which is where I come in. I'll be given assignments - lists of objects or actions needed, and I'll take the photos and send them to Marco to be included in the lessons. I love the opportunity to help with the project, to gain experience, and learn along the way. I've already received my first assignment and can't wait to get started!

No comments: