Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Our 12th


My sweet husband took me out on Saturday for an anniversary date. We dropped our boys off with my parents, got back in the car and just sat there for a second, relishing in the silence and peace. What a glorious 3 hours we had to ourselves! We dined on pasta, lobster, salad, fish and couscous. We took our sweet time and enjoyed conversation which was not once interrupted with the words "Mommy, I need..." or "Zeke, get off that..." or "Can somebody help me...".
We strolled lazily along the aisles of Target and TJ Maxx, where Manny bought me a new purse and a HUMONGOUS bag of s.bucks coffee! It's the little things, you know. Our alone time is so rare these days. I have come to really appreciate something as simple as a drive in the car without chatter or whining from the back seat.
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE MY KIDS. But I also love grown-up time with my husband every once in a while. I'm so thankful we had the opportunity to celebrate the 12 years of marriage we've endured enjoyed. ha ha. It makes me all the more recharged and ready to go another round with those crazy boys of mine. :0)

1 comment:

grace said...

wow 12! so exciting! Congrats to you both!