Thursday, February 24, 2011

Photo Challenge: Day 10

Day 10 - A picture of the most awkward moment in your life

Ok, I'm sure there were other more awkward moments, but this one is the funniest one I can remember. I call this the "pee pee peeper" story.

When I worked at the Allstate claims office in Indy we had a very strange lady who did very strange things. I'll call her M.

One day I was in the ladies room, just minding my own business in a stall (with the door locked!). I heard the bathroom door open and someone walk in. No problem, I just kept on minding my own business. That is, until I heard footsteps approaching the middle stall, where I was seated. I thought to myself "why would a person be approaching this stall, when there are 3 others available?" Nervously I finished my business and started, you know, pulling up my pants to get the heck out of there as quickly as I could.

Seconds later I seriously saw this...

an eyeball, peering in at me from the crack between the stall door and wall. And I recognized the eyeball as belonging to M. (This wasn't the first weirdo stunt she pulled. Plus I could see part of her legs.)

Dude! I was getting peeped! While I was trying to pee. (Hence her nickname: "Pee Pee Peeper")

I was much more astonished than embarrassed. So I did the only thing I could think of. I took the palm of my right hand and I slapped it against the stall door crack where the eyeball was peeping at me as hard as I could. So hard it stung my skin. I didn't care. I was peeved.

Then I unlocked the door, quickly swung it open and gave her a dirty look. By then she had backed away and was leaning against the bank of sinks on the opposite wall still staring at me. I was all "Excuse me!?" And she was all, "Oh, am I in your way?" As if I needed her to move so I could wash my hands. Puuuu-leeease! There were 3 sinks and she was only blocking one, so I went to the farthest one.

She proceeded move her body in front of the paper towel holder as I washed my hands, still staring. By then I was more than a little annoyed. But my head was still trying to wrap around the strangeness of this woman who just peeped at me and was now trying to possibly accost me in front of the paper towel dispenser. So I couldn't even think of anything to say. So I shook the water off in her direction and high-tailed it out of there. The second I made it out the door I ran to my desk and laughed so violently that, had I not just emptied my bladder, I may have tinkled in my pants.

True story. Seriously. I still laugh about it to this day.

No comments: