Monday, September 13, 2010

Back At It

Today was my 1st day back to work. (sniff sniff)
Just 9:00 - 12:30. Actually, I'm grateful that it was just a half-day.

Unfortunately Ezekiel had a very hard time taking the bottle. Only took 1 ounce. Manny said he screamed himself to sleep. I had even practiced several times to make sure he would take one. He's done fine for me. So I hope today it was something easy, like upset tummy or gas.

Leaving my boys was only made slightly easier by the fact that Manny stayed with them today. His schedule always includes working Saturday/Sunday, so his "weekends" are usually odd days during the week. This week it's Monday and Thursday. Which works out fine for us because that's less time my Mom has to watch them. I know she doesn't really want to keep both of them. She's made that pretty clear.

Really, I'm glad to have had this much time off. I didn't anticipate nearly this much. Due to finances, I thought I would have to go back after 3 or 4 weeks. But God provided income at just the right time (in all sorts of interesting ways) and allowed me to have 9 full weeks off. I'm so thankful for that!

Some women have it far worse than I do, you know. I mean, I don't like that I have to work, but I have a lot to be thankful for actually. Such as...
  • the office isn't a far drive
  • my boss is my Dad and he's pretty easy-going
  • I totally trust the 2 people watching my kids -- my husband and my Mom
  • I'm only working part-time
  • my schedule can be worked around Bible studies/doctor appointments/ sick kiddos, etc.
  • I like my coworkers
  • nobody minds if I come to the office with spit-up in my hair
  • I don't mind the work that I do
  • it's nice to have some time outside the home to concentrate on "grown up" things
See? It's fine. Really.
Now, what should I make for supper tonight?

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Don't know if you've already gotten the bottle issue taken care of, but with B, I let Will or one of our mom's give him the bottle and I would leave the room. That way he would take the bottle from them, but I was still close in case it got to be too hard and he refused completely. We practiced for about a week or so before I went back to work (with letting others feed him while I was close). Then he transitioned better and got to where he would bottle feed while I was working, and nurse any time I was around.

Hope it works out!