I believe it is common knowledge that when you are feeling down and sorry for yourself, you should focus on the blessings in your life. And so, since I've hit a pretty rough patch lately, I know what I need to do. It's all about turning your attention God-ward rather than self-ward. (And that's a hard thing to do at times!) So, as an act of the will, today I bring you what I am thankful for...
- feeling my baby kick and move
- the month of March - finally having hope for SPRINGTIME warmth!
- having time away with my husband over the weekend
- that Elijah says "Mommy, please sing to me just a little bit more."
- good Godly friends who encourage and pray for me when I need it
- hugs and kisses from my two best guys!
- hearing Elijah play by himself and talk to his cars, trains, animals, blocks, etc.
- the smell of Johnson's baby shampoo
- sticky little hand prints on every surface of my home
- the pitter-patter of little feet scampering around the house
- saying goodnight prayers with my sweet sweet son
- that my husband had my oil changed for me
- when Elijah says "Oh yeah, that will be perfecto!"
- that I have a job (this is no small thing)
- Dr. Pepper
I'm leaving off all the spiritual stuff because writing all that down would take all day and I'd still never cover it all. Suffice it to say that I am blessed "with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ". (Eph. 1: 3)
Over and out.