Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Announcement Ideas

So tomorrow will be 5 weeks. We're still in the very early stages, but I feel like we need to announce this baby to my family before much longer. I can just hear the complaints already... not only did we go and get pregnant when they didn't want us to, but we waited 8 long weeks to tell them! Oh the humanity! I'm already brainstorming for announcement ideas and any input would be most helpful. So far I've found a few cute ideas online. Check them out...

  1. A couple had a really cute picture taken of their feet all lined up with mom's and dad's and all the kids. Then the photographer designed an announcement that said something like "Our family is about to grow by two feet..."
  2. Another played "Pictionary" with the family, just ignored what it said on the card and drew out clues to tell them they were pregnant.
  3. You could also act it out in charades.
  4. I like the idea of a gift certificate that says "Good for one Grand baby! Expires July 9, 2010"
  5. Someone else made a birthday party invitation and set the date of the party as the due date and the location as the hospital.
  6. Another cute thing I saw was a letter written to the family from the baby. It could say something like "I just found out I get to be part of an awesome family. I will be joining you in July and I can't wait to meet everyone."
  7. Then there's the ever popular "big brother" t-shirt.

What to do, what to do.

No comments: